Online Self-Care Appointments
Self-Care is an essential part of your healing process.
This new business model has been developed out of necessity during the Covid-19 pandemic and has proved very successful for patients during lockdown.
Going forward, even when hands-on treatments are allowed, I will continue to offer this service as an integral part of your treatments. 70% of physiotherapy/sports massage patients do not continue with their exercises (& I include myself in this statistic!) so let me help you, remotely, to take control of your healing process.
Self-Care is self-empowering!
Sessions are conducted via Zoom or Skype (whatsapp video call is fine too, but the small screen size can make the session a little more tricksy)
Depending on your issue/where you are in the healing process, I will check your current level of mobility, how the pain is, how you are managing the aggravating factors. I will give you stretches, rehab exercises, pain relieving suggestions. During times when the hands-on section of the treatment is not possible, I will also be able to give you self-massage techniques and tips on how to use tools such as the spikey massage ball or roller.
Online sessions have obviously been a necessity during Covid-19 lockdown and, as the effects of Covid may continue for some time, this could result in either you (or me) having to self-isolate, meaning that online sessions will be invaluable.
Out-with the Covid scenario, the benefits of having remote access to your physical therapist are far reaching and open up a whole new way of thinking and working.
When an online session may be useful (out-with Covid scenario):
- If you are physically unable to travel to clinic due to level of pain, childcare issues, not enough time, no available appts.
- If you are on holiday and your pain issue flares up – you can ‘see’ me!
- If you only need a check-up rather than a full session. Remember, my aim is that you should NOT need a treatment every week if I am doing my job right!
- A remote session will be less expensive than a full session in a clinic
- I am also offering ‘nudges’. A pre-decided method of an email, text, quick phone call, to give you a nudge to do your rehab and to check if we need a quick online session before your next full appointment.
I strongly believe that this new way of working will be of huge benefit to the vast majority of my patients. Join me in this new and exciting journey as my 25 year old business diversifies yet again!