Latest updates & Info
Hands-On Treatments were given the go-ahead from Wed 22nd July. Yeah!
However.. as the guidelines were only finalised a few days earlier, you will have to bear with me whilst I work with the clinics to implement these new protocols. Each clinic is having to alter diaries and appointment times to stagger the amount of people we have in the building, both before and after appointments. It is quite a task and I am very glad that I’m not the one having to work it out!
There is a quick video on my Facebook page explaining my plans – https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=620467571926599
w/c – 27th July – I am on holiday – yeah!
w/c – 4th Aug – ensuring Govt. guidelines have remained the same & familiarising myself with protocols in clinic
w/c – 11th Aug – ensuring safety protocols run smoothly by treating friends & family
w/c – 17th Aug – treating patients in pain
w/c – 24th Aug – opening the diary fully (albeit with reduced capacity)
The above plan will be dependant on the R number, localised restrictions & any further Govt. guidelines
*If you would like to be one of the first in for treatment, please email me using the contact form*
To ensure both your and my safety, I will be fully following the Scottish Govt. guidelines.
Before Your Treatment
- Your consultation will take place THE DAY BEFORE you come to clinic and will typically take 15mins, just as it would normally. The only difference being that we do it via phone or video call. It will also include a brief Covid-19 screen.
This is to reduce the ‘talking time’ (the time of highest risk of transmission)
[Guideline – “Hold any discussions with clients/customers regarding services or treatments prior to arrival”]
- Payment can still be done via Izettle or in the shop if we meet at D. Atkinson Herbalist. If paying by cash, please bring the correct money in an envelope. I will not have any change on the premises.
- Please bring your own water.
- Ideally, bring minimum ‘stuff’ into my room. All your belongings are to be placed in a lidded box; clothing, handbags etc. The box may struggle if you’ve been a mad shopping spree prior to treatment!
Your Treatment Time
- Maximum time in my room is 45mins. Any follow up advice will also be done remotely, 1 week later.
- I request that you wear a face covering during treatment, apart from when you are face down on the table. You are also welcome to wear a mask should you prefer that to a face covering.
- I will be wearing a mask, and a mask and visor whilst you are face up.
[Guideline – “Staff should wear a visor in addition to a face covering. Visors are recommended but face masks are mandatory. Customers are also required to wear a face covering”]
To Ensure We are Both Safe
- I will be wearing PPE in line with the Scottish Govt guidelines and the GCMT (General Council of Massage Therapists)
- There will be 30mins gap between patients to clean and ventilate the room. Therefore the number of available appts in one day will be less than before.
- The linens/towels that we use will be bagged after use and washed at 60 degrees C or above.
- The room, table, and box that your belongings have been placed in will be thoroughly cleaned after every patient.
- I will be changing my uniform/using disposable apron/changing a tabard (whichever is delivered first!) after every patient.
- The PPE that I have worn for your treatment and your Covid form will be documented. Patient notes are kept for 7 years from your last visit as a matter of course. The Covid related forms must be kept for 4 weeks should Test and Trace need to be in touch.
I appreciate that this may seem a little overwhelming. Rest assured that your treatment will be exactly the same as before. If you have any concerns or questions, do drop me an email. I will be more than happy to go over anything. We both need to feel safe, secure and happy for the healing process to be effective.
Thank you for your support during this time. It is so very much appreciated.